Thursday, September 15, 2016

TL;DR - This is a 5-Star ceramic knife, make sure you have a steel set first.

Should you buy a Suzaru Professional Chef's Ceramic Knife? Yes and no. Realizing what makes a ceramic know awesome does not mean you should run to buy this knife however it can be an important component to your kitchen tools if you have the basics first.

Ceramics limitations are important to realize, they can chip on hard surfaces (including bones in meat) and are more likely to shatter if dropped or twisted wrong and they are significantly more difficult to sharpen.

With that warning in your head, let me tell you why this is a 5-Star product. Starting with the minor things, the box, it has a great presentation value, if you wanted to give this as a gift it looks spectacular and the magnetic clasp really adds a premium feeling. The contents inside the box are housed in their individual foam cutouts, and this is a strangely nice foam cutout, again, with the premium feeling

The knife comes with a blade cover that says Suzaru on it and a microfiber cloth for polishing up the blade after you have cleaned it.

Onto the knife itself.

This is a beautiful looking knife, the blade has a highly reflective, gunmetal colored polish. The logo and brand name are clearly etched/stamped into the side of the blade. The handle also has a stamp on it as well as the butt of the knife which is a stainless steel cap embossed with the eagle logo, it really has a very premium look to it. The handle is a solid plastic piece with some sharp angles to give it a modern look, kind of like a stealth fighter and I found the ergonomics to be very good. It felt great in my hand while cutting and my wrist did not suffer any fatigue.

So I compared this to 3 other knifes I had in my kitchen (which I sharpened for my test) and the first thing you notice about the Suzaru is the that it is very light compared to the steel knifes, I found this a nice feeling while I was slicing through my test yam. The blade is incredible sharp and cut through everything I threw at it with ease. It also cleaned very nicely and I was able to get it to the near perfect polish after my first use of it.

I can recommend this knife fully (as long as it isn't your only knife - you need those bone cutting knifes), it feels high quality, it looks even higher quality and it slices like nobodys business.

#Suzaru_Ceramic_Knife

No comments:

Post a Comment